Exhibitions are selected by the LynnArts Curatorial Committee; an all volunteer group. If you are interested in serving on the Curatorial Committee please contact LynnArts at 781.598.5244. Experience installing shows is required.
Solo exhibition opportunities in the Willow Community Gallery are limited to Massachusetts based artists. Proposals are only accepted for the Willow Community Gallery. The Time Warner Gallery is a curated exhibition space.
If you are interested in submitting an exhibition proposal for the Willow Community Gallery, please submit the following either by e-mail or regular mail:
- Description of proposed exhibit and use of space, including: concept or theme, number of artists, media, installation requirements, and any other information specific to your idea.
- 10-20 photographs, slides in slide sheet, images on a disk, or url address with accompanying description that includes slide list (numbers must match slides) with title, size, medium, date of completion. Please indicate if the slides or photos are actual work proposed for this show or are representative of your work. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for the return of photos or slides. LynnArts is not responsible for the return of slides or photos sent to us without SASE.
- Resume or exhibition history. Be sure to include: name, address, telephone number, college/school/art school and gallery affiliations if applicable.
- A $25 application fee (checks should be made payable to LynnArts, Inc.)
- The proposal deadline is May 1st every year for exhibits in the following calendar year.
- Send all materials to:
- Curitorial Committee, LynnArts, Inc.
- 25 Exchange Street
- Lynn, MA. 01901
Notice to artists who have previously exhibited at LynnArts:
If you exhibited in a solo show: LynnArts will not review another proposal for a solo show for 5 years, or a proposal for a group show for three years.
If you have previously exhibited in a group show (this does not include juried shows): LynnArts will not review another proposal for a group show for 3 years.
Requirements for exhibiting in the Willow Community Gallery:
Artists whose proposals are accepted are required to install the show, provide price list, labels and signage as well as an opening reception on a date that will be specified by LynnArts. At the conclusion of the show artists are required to remove their artwork and repair walls.